Saturday, May 22, 2010

08 - Rain

I knew today was going to be a long one, so I wanted to get my exercises done in the morning, which in turn would free me up for the evening. Although I managed to do the j-ropes yesterday in the apartment, I decided that I really didn't want to challenge the thick carpeting a second time. Besides, our host slept in later and it just didn't seem right to wake him up with j-ropes. That left one option: to go outside and find a relatively level bit of sidewalk. (Pittsburgh is notoriously hilly, and our friend lives on one of them!) There was only one catch to the plan:


Yes, it was raining, but that was okay. Truth be told, it was relatively warm and it wasn't downpouring, which made the whole thing doable.

I quickly ripped off 4 sets of 150 jumps then went back inside to do the rest of the workout sheet. The strength exercises are still a bit easy compared to what I had been doing before this program, but I'm starting to feel the flexibility and agility sets. Still not as limber as I thought I was!

My eating was unfortunately very hit and miss, though. Had a breakfast burrito wrap that nicely covered all the bases, including a generous portion of veggies! However, since most of my day was spent at one of my famous SCA weekend events (SCA stands for Society for Creative Anachronism), I was outdoors most of the time, in the rain, without any sort of time-keeping device. This meant that I pretty much missed my lunch and both snacks.

On the plus side, I wasn't hungry and I got to spent a lot of catch-up time with friends I only see once or twice a year. I did manage to have a pretty early supper of a wrap with baba ghanouj and peppers with a side of hard-boiled eggs. (This was a tricky part. We're not suppose to have carbs in the evening meal, but since my supper today was actually far earlier than my usual time—around 4:30pm instead of 7:00pm—so I think I'm pretty okay as I didn't have any carbs afterward.)

The long day turned even longer as we didn't get back to our friends apartment until 10:00pm or so. Talk about exhausted! But it was a good, active day overall.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. J-roping in the rain. Did it quite a bit myself on the PCP. Just goes to show you how health-minded we are when we don't mind getting a little wet for the sake of our overall health.

    ReplyDelete