Monday, May 24, 2010

10 - Tiger

Last night I didn't get much sleep. The kitties were soooooo glad that we were home, they decided that they needed lots and lots of attention all night long. Not an hour went by without one of them purring in my face or gently nudging me awake so they could get petted. Happy kitties made for one tired daddy!

Morpheus is on the left. Murphy is on the right.

Sometimes it's amazing when the daily email mentions something that you've just noticed yourself.

When I do my punches and kicks, I face the fireplace that's situated in the living room and use some of the decorations as visualized "targets" to help with my coordination. Last night as I was doing my straight kicks I could have sworn that my legs were actually going as high as the mantle over the fireplace. Previously they only went as high as the top of the fireplace screen. As I did it more and more, I was sure that my kicks were higher. Of course, there's always that little niggling doubt in the back of the minds that says: You're imagining things. You probably were paying attention last week. Your kicks have always been that high.

Then came today's message, which says that we may start noticing our "leg swings getting higher and higher as the hip abductors and hamstrings are ballistically stretched dozens of times." Holy crow! I certainly was kicking as high as the mantle! That is awesome!! Totally freakin' amazing! Can't wait to see what else I'll be able to do.

Another message from Patrick indicated that our large inaugural was going to be split up into three smaller teams, coded "Leopard", "Crane", and "Tiger". When I looked at the list to find my name, I found that I had been put on the "Tiger" team. Immediately a certain tune started playing in my head:


Yes, I am a huge Power Rangers fan!

Go Team Tiger!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that's gonna keep me up nights. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Those toes are going to be at eye level and then over your head soon!

    ReplyDelete