Tuesday, May 25, 2010

11 - Hot

And so the heat wave begins with higher than normal temperature in this are for this time of year. Yesterday I did the exercises indoors and by the end I was feeling like this:


Since the inside of the house was warm (mainly because my partner doesn't want to turn on the air conditioning yet), I decided that I should take my exercises outside. And, if only to complicate things even further, I was simultaneously making dinner on the grill. (Once again, my partner. If it's warm in the house, he won't let me use the stove or oven. Plus he's already begun his complaining that I'm not making dinner for him because I'm on KFB. It's just a repeat of the complaint he gave while I was on PCP. I swear the guy is helpless!)

It's been a while since I did the j-rope outside, and boy did it ever take me a while to get use to a different surface. I tried doing it in the back yard, but that was a no-go. I ended up jumping in the driveway. It was better, but still not the greatest. Let's just say it wasn't my smoothest jumps in a while.

I did the leg swings and Horse Stance outside, the rest of the strength exercises inside, then back outside again for the punches and kicks. By this time dinner was ready, so I brought the food inside and finished off with the flexibility sets.

I'm finding Down Dog a little hard. Part of it is because I can't see what my form is like, but I'm sure it's nowhere near a perfect arch as the picture. I think it's a bit more rounded. The other part is that I'm not able to get my feet flat on the floor yet, which I bet is throwing things off.

Down Dog Twist is a whole other kettle of fish! Trying to balance on an imperfect Down Dog while adding that "throw the leg over" twist is just crazy! I did something that I think was close to the picture and boy did my muscles feel it. It's also a little hard to breath at that angle.

I'm still hot and sweaty, so I don't think being outdoors helped a whole lot. At least I'm sitting in front of a fan for the moment. That always rocks! Now if only ice cream were part of the menu....

No comments:

Post a Comment