Thursday, May 20, 2010

06 - Trip

One of the things that I knew was going to happen, before I even started the Kung-Fu Body program, was that my summer was going to be full of travel. Some people might consider that fact to be a bit of a deterrent, especially when starting a new exercise regimen; I think of it as more of a challenge to be undertaken.


The first thing that made the Kung-Fu Body appealing was the fact that there are no resistance bands to be used during the program. I'm not adverse to using the bands, mainly because I use them all the time in my exercise routine, but I was having to do a bit of mental gymnastics trying to figure out how to use them in some of the locals I'll be in during the summer. I knew it wouldn't be impossible to use the resistance bands as long as I could do some MacGyvering to attach them to something. (There are rarely any doors in the outdoors.)

The Kung-Fu Body focuses quite a bit on flexibility and agility, which really don't require any extra equipment. All you need is some floor/ground and you're ready to work out. The other two components to the program are the jumprope and some strength building.

The jumprope is pretty easy to pack and meets the same requirements as the flexibility and agility—just some floor space. For the most part, the strength exercises don't require much equipment beside a pull-up bar and a chair. The chair is pretty easy to find in most places, and I'm sure I can find a suitable substitute when I'm on an outdoor adventure. The pull-up bar alternative may be a bit trickier, but that is something I'll solve when I encounter it.

Which brings me to my next item—traveling. Yes, today I will be leaving for the first of many trips this summer. It's time to test out some of my ideas on how to do the Kung-Fu Body program while on the road. I've got all my portable internet devices so I'll be able to more-or-less keep in touch. I'm also bringing a pad of paper and a pen in case I want to blog without having access to a good Wi-Fi signal. (In that instance I'll just upload the information later.)

So, here's to the first big adventure on my Kung-Fu Body journey!

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip, E. With the exception of the pull ups and the J-rope, I find the KFB rather indoor friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage E. I'm traveling a lot during this project and welcome your insights. I look at it as an welcomed challenge to follow the regime when away from the comforts of home. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to share your tips! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip! You'll have fun doing these moves in new places!

    ReplyDelete