Thursday, May 27, 2010

13 - Bad

It's confession time and I need to come clean. I was really bad today.


Over the past few nights I haven't gotten much sleep. Usually I'm in bed somewhere between 10 and 11pm and up around 6am. It typically gives me about 7 to 8 hours of sleep which makes me well-rested the next day, allows me the morning energy to do the j-ropes and 8-Minutes Abs (pre-KFB) and kept me revved and strong throughout the day.

That hasn't happened since last week Wednesday. Visiting a night-owl friend in Pittsburgh created many late bedtimes. Returning home to kitties who want attention was another sleepless night. The past couple of nights I've been arguing with my computer until midnight or so. None of this would be all that bad if I was able to sleep in, but I'm not. I still wake up at 6am.

By today, I was very groggy and sluggish. I also have one of those desk jobs where you sit in a cubicle for much of the day. Throw in the fact that there were tons of leftover snack food from parties and meetings yesterday—I'm sure you can see the recipe for disaster here.

The upside is that I didn't do as much damage as I possible could have to my diet. The downside is that I allowed myself to partake of the chips, cookies, brownies, and stuff which really isn't on the meal plan. (I don't think anyone at my workplace knows how to make healthy snacks.)

So, regardless of the fact that my computer still wants to pick a fight with me, I need to let it go and get a good night's sleep so I can feel energized, rested, and ready to battle any nasty temptation that comes my way.

4 comments:

  1. I'm missing the discipline of the PCP diet - warring factions in my head: what I'd normally want, and what I think I might want 'cause I might not get to have it later. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say it's harder for us now to resist the fun foods because were on the other side of fat. But, stay strong. If we look great now, imagine what we'll look like after all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep blogging it out when it happens and it'll happen less and less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, time to get crackin on that diet, you and me both!

    ReplyDelete