Wednesday, June 2, 2010

19 - Shoes

The message today indicates that a change of footwear is suggested. The big clunky sneakers are good for jumprope, but hinders the other movements. A light shoe is recommended, especially one with a flat sole, or we can go barefoot (depending on the ground/floor condition). What I'd really love to get is a pair of Robin's toe-boots!


It's amazing how much shoes really affect the stances! With the big clunky sneakers, I had no problem balancing on one foot. It almost felt like I was anchored to the floor.

I have a pair of deck shoes that I decided to try out. They are lightweight and have flat bottoms—and they launch like anything when you kick! Luckily all breakables and cats were not in the room when that occurred!

Then I went barefoot. I couldn't believe how wobbly I was! It's just so weird that I felt more stable in the big clunky sneakers than I was barefoot. I'm sure that will change over time as I get use to little to nothing on my feet when practicing.

1 comment:

  1. Continue KFBing barefoot! You'll be stoked on your balance gains.

    ReplyDelete