Wednesday, July 21, 2010

68 - Stress

This week is quickly becoming super-stressing. So far:

  • I have had major bouts of insomnia the past two nights.
  • I returned to work only to discover that this week my department is running extremely short staffed (meaning there will be times when I'm the only person there). And that's because:
  • One co-worker needs support because her dog was killed in front of her by a speeding motorist and another just had a close family member pass away, meanwhile two others are on vacation.
  • I haven't been able to take a proper shower over the past three days because the tub needed re-caulking, which led to:
  • Having the screws break while trying to reattach the faucet knob to the shower this morning, meaning no shower for day four. (I just got back from the hardware store and fixed it.)
  • I still have many things I need to do in order to get ready for my two-week vacation, which starts Friday next week, which includes:
  • Setting up and running a meeting for everyone who is camping with my group so they all know the rules and have everything that they need.
  • Plus, I still need to make dinner for my partner because he needs to go somewhere tonight.

Which means that I am thoroughly bone-tired and exhausted. I knew something was up yesterday when I was having major trouble keeping good form with the exercises. Well, KFB is mostly taking a backseat tonight. I think I'm just going to do some low-energy stuff like stretching and meditation followed by an early bedtime. My batteries are needing a drastic recharge in order to finish this week.

The weekend cannot come soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Stress is such a body killer. Pull through it and you'll be stronger. Take it easy, though. We're fond of you and want you to live! Sorry to hear about your week.

    ReplyDelete