Wednesday, July 7, 2010

54 - Birthday

Man, I am so sucking at doing any sort of exercise this past few days!

The temperature has been out of this world. Yesterday we broke the high temperature record and it looks like we managed to do it again today. The humidity has been just as nuts, and they've been making "air quality" warnings all day. It's been a day to just stay inside with the air-conditioning. No such luck, though.

I got up late this morning, due to a sleepless night. My doctor put me on a new allergy medicine that it totally making me zone out. I don't like it. Unfortunately, there went my morning exercises.

My lunchtime walk was totally nixed due to the heat index and air quality thing. And my usual evening KFB workout went away because today is my partner's birthday, so we had to go over to his parent's house right after work. Then we went out to dinner, followed by another trip to the parent's house again for cake.

Then we had to run to the grocery store so I could pick up a few more supplies to tide us over for the next few days and to make a dish to pass for the potluck at work tomorrow. That's done and it's past my 10pm bedtime. Where are the days flying too?!?

Now it's time for bedtime. I can feel the new allergy medicine kicking in. Hopefully I'll be able to really sleep tonight without some all of the groggy tossing and turning.

Later dudes!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about the heat and the business - just take the days as they come, and be mindful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergy medicine. Sometimes it was my savior, other times it was my bane. I'd love to know God's reason for creating allergies. Did he feel he needed another way to remind us how much we've messed up the world? Did he need people who were hypersensitive to pollen and other things so he can gather these things up for some devine plan? Did he need something to create jobs for the people with no allergies? Why, God, why?

    ReplyDelete