Friday, August 6, 2010

81 - Slow

Mornings have so far been the best time to do any sort of exercise. It is during this time that the temperature is relatively comfortable. Unfortunately, it ceases to be so the moment the sun peaks over the hill. Usually by 9am the temperature is pushing 90 degrees with what feels like 100% humidity, and that kills any desire to exercise whatsoever. When sweat comes pouring off your body from only getting out of bed, pretty much your only option is to sit in the shade and drink lots of water. Luckily I'm an early riser!

The nice thing about being on vacation is that I have no thing that I need to do and no where that I need to be. All that's left is to experience the now. I love this calmness that I've been recently groovin'. It has really helped me deal with my friend. So far he has had violent, angry explosions almost on a daily basis. The peace inside of me has been able to counteract each outburst he's made. I certainly hope he calms down before everyone else arrives. (The next person is due today.)

There is a local produce stand nearby, so my mornings have consisted of me getting up, taking my time walking to the stand, picking up some vegetables, taking my time walking back, and making breakfast. This has become my morning walking meditation—just concentrating on my breathing, feeling my feet touch the ground and the stones, experiencing the wind and sun, and just basically chillin'. I'm loving the slow life.

No comments:

Post a Comment