Tuesday, August 3, 2010

81 - Chill

My equilibrium is getting better, but I'm still moving slowly and cautiously.

Today, my friend and I moved the carport down the hill to the more level ground near my tent. The slope of the hill and the angles of the carport bothered my eyes, which in turn were bothering my head and my balance. I do not need to trigger the vertigo again!

I did discover that my friend has a violently explosive temper. I've known him for years and this is the first time I've seen him go off like that!

In order to move the carport, we had to take off the legs, carry the roof down the hill, and set it back up again. Well, two of the legs refused to come loose and my friend blew a gasket! He grabbed one of the legs to the carport and shook the whole thing violently while swearing up a storm. "Dude," I said. "Put down the carport and walk away."

That is one thing I can say about KFB: all the meditation and mindfulness has given me quite the chill attitude. I had nowhere I needed to be, I had nothing to do that was urgent—pretty much just going with the flow. After getting him to calm down, we managed to finally move the carport down the hill, even with those two legs still in their slots. Camp is slowly taking shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment